HOW TO KEEP STANDING WITH STANDING ROCK
You’ve probably heard that in his first week, Trump has given the “full steam ahead” treatment to the Dakota Access and Keystone XL pipelines. The. Worst. It is clear that now is our time to get focused, connected, and mobile with causes that stir us.
This announcement comes just days after Sioux elders have asked the camps to be cleared of protectors as they prepare for spring flooding; however, upon hearing news of this order, Elders warn that Trump moving forward the way he promises will result in more massive mobilization and civil disobedience on a scale not seen before by a newly seated president (or any president).
Let’s prove that to be true. Let’s welcome it! No president can do what we can for our communities through physical and energetic effort. The band-aid that was holding America together has been ripped off and things are not getting worse—they are being revealed and healed faster and more deeply than ever. This is what we came for! So, here’s the juicy part.
What we do:
First, if you’re like me, you’ll need to get some screams out. Take your time. I’ll wait.
- Jam the phone lines. Keeping pressure on the moth*%fu@!ers at the decision tables is a must. Emails are largely ignored. Phone calls cannot be. Jam the lines of:
Army Corps of Engineers: 202-456-1111
North Dakota governor Jack Dalrymple: 701-328-2200
North Dakota sheriff, Kyle Kirchmeier: 701-667-3330, 701-667-3318
Sunoco Logistics Partners: CEO Michael Hennigan, 866-248-4344
White House: 202-456-1111
- Switch to a local credit union. Divest from Wells Fargo, Bank of America, RBS, HSBC and really, all the major banks. They are all bankrolling terror in one way or another. Switch to a local credit union wherever possible. Show them you are woke in a way they can actually feel—take away their funding.
- Your voice and community are powerful. You know how your vibe attracts your tribe? Watch who comes to join you when you start stirring the shit. Use your social media and whatever privileges you’ve been graced with to spread truth even in small ways and watch as you end up organizing your own fundraisers and protests with new friends. Light the match. If you’re in the Salem area, join our Witching Hour for activist support and accountability. If you’re not, this next one is for you.
- Let’s get weird with it! Let’s get multidimensional with it, yes? The “Maharishi effect” and many other scientific studies prove how powerful our collective consciousness is. Beginning Friday January 27, on the Aquarius new moon, I’m most excited to invite you to tune in with us every day at 11:11 am and 4:44 pm EST to visualize ALL pipelines being beautifully extracted from our Earth. Have fun with it. Use your imagination, your magick brains to see and feel disclosure of free energy technology. Get as funky as you like and take as long as you have. Set reminders in your phone. Join us for one or the other or both—one day or join us until the new moon on February 26. You can tune in for 30 seconds or 30 minutes. It doesn’t matter because time isn’t real. Our energy and intentions are though. We would love for you to let us know you’re participating by sharing a picture of your moment/whatever you want with #witchesforfreeearth. Let’s get weird because FUCK. Why not, anymore?!
Jessica Jones Lavoie is a witch, twirling in the revolution. She holds a BS in environmental science from Salem State University. You can follow her on IG @evolving.light.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.