An Oat Bowl Spell for Nourishing
By Lighthaus potions-mixer Kalyn Anderson/@sweetbitterritual
At Lighthaus, we’re all about intention...so this year, we’re choosing an intention each month to share more about so that YOU can live more intentionally, too! Keep up with our newsletter and Instagram for even more tips, tricks, practical magic, and more surrounding our monthly intentions.
January’s intention is NOURISHMENT. After a LONG year and the hectic energy of the holidays, we were longing for a deep reset to refill our cups.
When we think nourishment, one of the first things that comes to mind is FOOD! After all, food literally fills us up and (hopefully) gives our body what it needs to keep on keepin’ on. What’s more nourishing than a good hot meal on a cold day? So we fired up our kitchen witch cauldrons and conjured up a recipe for an ultra-warm-and-cozy Raspberry Pomegranate Oat Bowl!
This recipe is more than a delicious belly-filler, witches! Each ingredient was also chosen with magical intention in mind...feel free to customize/substitute ingredients as you see fit! Remember: your intention makes the magic!
Makes 2 servings
1 cup Oats (or alternate porridge-type base)
2 cups Fresh Raspberries
1/2 cup Pomegranate Juice
1/4-1/2 cup Maple Syrup
Optional toppings: Walnuts, Pomegranate Seeds, Cinnamon, Allspice, Orange Zest
1. Add Raspberries and Pomegranate Juice to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat for about 6 minutes, stirring clockwise occasionally and saying or thinking “I am grateful to the sun, rain, soil, and farmers (if applicable) that nourished these fruits that now nourish me.”
Raspberries are magically associated with love, happiness, and protection. Pomegranate helps us to find comfort in the void and embrace our own dualities a la Persephone!
2. Once the berries have begun to “pop”, add 1/4 c. to 1/2 c. Maple Syrup to taste. As you do this, call in abundance and sweetness while stirring your mixture clockwise some more.
3. Allow this mixture to simmer for about 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally with intention.
4. While the sauce finishes cooking, cook your oats or porridge base as directed on the packaging (mine required 1 cup oats, 1 3/4 c. milk or water, and about 5 minutes to cook).
Oats are associated with prosperity and have PEAK “nourishing” energy in my opinion!
5. When the sauce mixture has thickened to your desired consistency, remove from the heat. Pour oats into bowl, top with sauce and any additional toppings, and ENJOY! You can even add in an essence like Pleasure Activist for some extra magical oomph!
6. As you eat, visualize a glowing sphere of warm, revitalizing red energy growing from your stomach outward, until the warm glow fills your entire being. You are deserving of nourishment. So it is.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.