Meet the Staff: Paige
Our retail manager/spell specialist Paige Curtin can be found buzzing around the shop to ABBA, answering your customer service emails, connecting with amazing speakers to organize our virtual events, and doing just about anything else that helps the Treasure Palace stay up + running and magical! She's more than just our retail manager, though! She can also DIY ANY spell (and wrote a zine that can help you do the same!), has the BEST music + movie recommendations, and has a prolific collection of troll dolls that any witch would envy (she's Magda's momager). Read on to find out more about one of our FAVE Leos and members of the Hauswitch coven!
1. Name/Nickname: Paige, Paigers, Steve Jeeves Window Cleaner
2. What's your sun/moon/rising? Leo Sun/Scorpio Moon/Virgo Rising!
3. What brought you to HausWitch? Long story time!
I grew up going to the local New Age shop Women of Wisdom with my Mimi (my mom's mom). I always loved Salem's magical-normatism, so when it came time to fly the coop to college Salem was the only place I thought of! HausWitch opened during my junior year at Salem State University and oh wow was that a gift. I was on the English/Secondary Education track with a personal side-concentration in DIY witching, so when I got to the end of my rope with my mall job and the constraints of the Massachusetts Public School Curriculum, I headed to HausWitch first! That hiring flyer had been up for a discouragingly long time but I was ready to throw all caution to the wind. Every day I get more and more grateful for this opportunity! Moral of the very long story: trust your intuition, even when it veers "off course". Even when your relatives are really concerned that you're wasting your English degree working at the mall! You might end up using those skills to run a small business that you're obsessed with that you also get to write cool articles for!
4. What's your "brand" of witchcraft?
Junk witch! I like using what I've got and looking at mundane things through a magical lens. Also love a thrift store/yard sale/antiques show... the things that appear to you there are meant to be in your life!
5. What's your favorite ritual tool? Salt!
6. What's your favorite show to binge-watch? I just re-watch the Scream franchise on a loop (My rankings: 1, 5, 2, 4, 3). Guilty pleasures: Teen Mom and Sister Wives!
7. What's your favorite product in the shop? Fuck Outta Here by Firme Arte, Apocalypse Potion by Dori Midnight, and Hexing the Patriarchy by Ariel Gore (flip to page 151 for a spell that I helped write!)
8. Finish this sentence: On a full moon, we can find you... cleaning and feasting!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.