Meet the Staff: Paige
Our retail manager/spell specialist Paige Curtin can be found buzzing around the shop to ABBA, answering your customer service emails, connecting with amazing speakers to organize our virtual events, and doing just about anything else that helps the Treasure Palace stay up + running and magical! She's more than just our retail manager, though! She can also DIY ANY spell (and wrote a zine that can help you do the same!), has the BEST music + movie recommendations, and has a prolific collection of troll dolls that any witch would envy (she's Magda's momager). Read on to find out more about one of our FAVE Leos and members of the Hauswitch coven!
1. Name/Nickname: Paige, Paigers, Steve Greeves Window Cleaner
2. What's your sun/moon/rising? Leo Sun/Scorpio Moon/Virgo Rising! But it's my Gemini Venus that is truly problematic.
3. What brought you to HausWitch? Long story time!
I grew up going to the local New Age shop Women of Wisdom with my Mimi (my mom's mom). Following a Series Of Unlikely Events in my late teens, I didn't really care about where I went for college but I loved Salem's magical-normatism, so when it came time to fly the coop Salem was the only place I thought of! HausWitch opened during my junior year at Salem State University and oh wow was that a gift. I was on the English/Secondary Education track with a personal side-concentration in DIY witching, so when I got to the end of my rope with my mall job and the constraints of the Massachusetts Public School Curriculum, I headed to HausWitch first! That hiring flyer had been up for a discouragingly long time but I was ready to throw all caution to the wind. Every day I get more and more grateful for this opportunity! Moral of the story: trust your intuition, even when it veers "off course". Even when your relatives are really concerned that you're wasting your English degree working at the mall! You might end up using those skills to run a small business that you're obsessed with that you also get to write cool articles for!
4. What's your "brand" of witchcraft? A $1.29 altar candle from the grocery store covered with neato magazine clippings.
Do! Whatever! The fuck! You want! You KNOW what magic feels like in your body; seek it out. Nobody knows the rules except you, but also legends and folklore are absolutely fascinating and so honor your ancestors and your Other Selves and make offerings first and have so much fun!
5. What's your favorite ritual tool? Salt!
6. What's your favorite show to binge-watch? I just watch the Scream franchise on a loop (My rankings: 1, 4, 2, 3). Also, the Netflix reboot of The Babysitters' Club.
7. What's your favorite product in the shop? Fuck Outta Here by Firme Arte, Apocalypse Potion by Dori Midnight, and Hexing the Patriarchy by Ariel Gore (flip to page 151 for a spell that I helped write!)
8. Finish this sentence: On a full moon, we can find you... cleaning and feasting!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.