Forest + Home: Cultivating an Herbal Kitchen
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Connect with nature through your kitchen, no matter the size or location. Food that feeds and heals the body; a book that inspires and nourishes the soul.
Forest + Home connects you with nature through your kitchen, no matter the size or location. This is a book that inspires and ignites the palette while nourishing the soul; it shares food that both feeds and heals the body. Discover the world of plants through food with cook and certified herbalist, Spencre McGowan, author of Blotto Botany: A Lesson in Healing Cordials and Plant Magic. Organized by season, the recipes are designed to meet the natural movement of time and the world we inhabit. They include:
- Nettle Pasta with special healing qualities
- Rose Petal Lemonade with the benefits of a herbal punch
- Roasted Asparagus with Chamomile and Ghee to soothe your nerves
- No-Bake Peanut Butter–Reishi Cookies incorporates healing mushrooms
- Dandelion Pesto helps get your digestive groove on
- Lemon Balm Mojito for a refreshing way to chill out
Through personal stories and photography, explore the icy mountains of Montana and the wild seashores of Maine and Nantucket. With a focus on simplicity, no dish in this book requires one to be an experienced chef, possess a knowledge of medicinal herbalism, or own expensive kitchen tools.
Adding product to your cart
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.